Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bangin Dishes on a Budget!

For dinner tonight I decided to make Zatarain's Box Gumbo for me and the roomie. I am a fan of all of the Zatarain's food products. This dish and many others are delicious and inexpensive (FYI: for all you penny pinchers).



At our local Walmart a box of Zatarain's Gumbo Mix only costs $1.72(really cheap right!). To add a little flare to the gumbo I added shrimp, okra, corn, and sausages. Typically when I make this dish I usually add more variety of seafood such as scallops or crab meat in addition to the other ingredients. For tonight I'm just working with what I have on hand in my kitchen. 


I made this dish for many different reasons. 1- I was craving some kind of hearty soup for dinner, 2- I wanted to surprise my roommate because she has been mentioning it for a while now, and 3- I was in the mood for seafood(I always in the mood for seafood;))


Overall the dish turned out fabulous!(p.s. sorry for the terrible camera quality)


No comments:

Post a Comment