Sunday, September 23, 2012

Naturally Fierce...Washing & Detangle Routine



I am currently on a natural hair journey, so far I am 16 months post relaxer and 100% natural. For my fellow natural queens I have between 4b and 4c type hair, yes I have to deal with these thick, tight coils. My shrinkage is typically about 70-75%. So in order to maintain my hair I wash and detangle twice a week. Generally I do a full wash once a week and co-wash once a week.

Products I Use For My Washes:
  • Garnier Fructis shampoo
  • Garnier Fructis conditioner
  • Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In conditioner and Detangler
  • wide tooth comb & denman brush
 

Washing and detangling my hair is an all day job. After I wash it I leave the conditioner in between 4-8 hours, then wash it out( sometimes I leave it in overnight). Because of this I make sure my scheldule is clear for my wash days. After the conditioner is out I put a generous amount of kinky curly knot today leave-in and detangle.
 

For my detangling routine I section my hair into four even parts and detangle each section individually. I detangle working from my ends to my roots, first with a denman brush then with a wide tooth comb. This process takes from 30 mins to up to an hour depending on how fast I'm going. (time will go by faster if your listening to music or watching tv or a movie)  When I'm done I moisturize my scalp with 100% natural coconut oil(air dry NO HEAT) and style it as I desire; twists, braids, afro, ponytail, etc.



1 comment:

  1. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post. take down remover detangler for matted tangled hair dreadlocks

    ReplyDelete